Effective date: January 2022
She will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
– she has lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
– she is performing a contract with you for our services; and
– she has legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Author Liesel K. Hill, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via my contact details at the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of July 7, 2019. I review privacy practices regularly, and as such this policy may be altered from time to time. Please check this page frequently to ensure you are familiar with its current content.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website authorlkhill.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
If you voluntarily sign up for Your Name's newsletter or blog, this site will record your first name and email address. You can refuse to supply personal information, but that will exclude you from certain related activities such as receiving newsletters, blogs, and free offers. When subscribers click on a link in one of my emails or fills out a form, the site may record this information (see below how this information is used).
Data collected automatically
Certain information may be automatically collected when you visit this Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data where the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
– process and manage your use of this website;
– respond to your questions, comments and requests;
– where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
– improve my services and website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I may share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
4. Keeping Your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address, without parental consent.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email [[email protected]] or via our postal address:
– see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
– ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
– ask me to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the processing of your Personal Data;
– ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consents you have given to the processing of your Personal Data; and
– express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Me
Our full details are:
Author Liesel K. Hill
Email for Privacy Questions: [email protected]
Postal Address: 1011 Wyndom Way, Layton, UT 84040, USA